I already have a couple of banana bread recipes on the blog. You can find them here and here, one of them is an extremely sinful version with peanut butter mixed in the batter and a peanut butter glaze on top! Other than milkshakes, banana bread is the best way to use up over-ripe bananas. Since I make them so often, I have been on the lookout for an eggless (egg-free) version, just so it is a teeny-weeny bit less calorific.
I’ve tried many recipes for eggless banana bread, never quite achieving perfection. But what I was unable to achieve in loaf form, I achieved with ease in muffin form. Somehow, egg-free banana muffins are a no-brainer recipe. Bananas are naturally binding, doing the work of eggs in a batter. So, an eggless banana muffin is just that – eggless, with no other major modification required.
You will need: (Makes 8 large or 10 cupcake size muffins)
- Bananas – 3, very ripe
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp (or even honey)
- All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/4 cups
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 deg.F and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except sugar) thoroughly in a small bowl and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a large fork. Add oil, sugar and vanilla extract and combine well with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients and mix till just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners and top each one with a few chocolate chips. Bake for 20-30 minutes or till it passes the toothpick test. The tops should be nicely browned and slightly cracked.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes, remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.
Enjoy these delicious muffins any time of the day!
Do you like banana muffins? Have you tried it without eggs?
Give this recipe a try, and let me know how it goes.
I am linking this up at these awesome blogs.
- A Blossoming Life
- Skip To My Lou
- The Dedicated House
- Between Naps on the Porch
- Home Stories A To Z
- My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
- A Stroll Thru Life
- Cedar Hill Ranch
- Coastal Charm
- Elizabeth & Co
- House On The Way
- Savvy Southern Style
- The NY Melrose Family
- The Turquoise Home
- Living Well Spending Less
- Design Dining and Diapers
- The Shabby Nest
- French Country Cottage
- My Romantic Home
- The Charm of Home
- Thirty Handmade Days
- Crafts a la Mode
- Love of Family and Home
- DIY Show Off
- Nifty Thrifty Things
- By Stephanie Lynn