Deliciously smooth and creamy, this no-churn avocado ice cream needs just 5 ingredients. Just blend, freeze, scoop & enjoy!
Avocados are the real superstars of the 21st century. They find their way into everything, is full of good fat and incredibly delicious. I knew avos as butter fruit in India. They were mostly used in the most incredibly smooth and creamy milkshakes. I make them too, you can see a recipe here.
Avocados have the perfect consistency to make ice creams too. This recipe is an easy no cook, no churn ice cream that comes together in a blender in minutes. If you don’t freeze the mixture, it can pass off as mousse straightaway. But once frozen, it makes the most luscious and smooth homemade avocado ice cream.
Choose ripe but firm avocados without blemishes for this recipe. A bit of condensed milk, sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice blended with the fruit makes the smooth ice cream base.
Avocado ice cream is such a beautiful green color. You can mix in chopped nuts before freezing or serve some roasted nuts along with a scoop of ice cream. I opted for the latter so that each person can customize how we wanted to eat our ice cream.
I love the simplicity and the elegance of this homemade ice cream. When you can make such delicious, creamy and elegant dessert, why buy from the store?
Read on for the recipe.
- Avocado - 3, medium
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp, freshly squeezed
- Sweetened condensed milk - 1 can, 14oz
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Roasted nuts - ½ cup (optional, see notes)
- Dried rose petals, sprinkles or nonpareils - to garnish (optional)
- Blend the avocado flesh, condensed milk, milk, sugar and lemon juice till smooth.
- Taste the mixture and add a couple more tablespoons of sugar if needed. Remember that the sweetness of frozen desserts will mellow a bit. Mix in the chopped nuts, if using.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe dish, cover with cling wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
2. The lemon juice is a simple but very important ingredient in this ice cream, so I wouldn't advise omitting it.
Scoop and enjoy this delicious goodness!!
Don’t forget to PIN & SAVE this recipe for later.
Do you like avocados? Do you use them in desserts? Do share.
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version).
Stay connected on social media, PIN and SHARE this post.