Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Looking for a quick snack or low-carb meal that comes together in a jiffy? Try this delicious Thai spiced chicken and fried rice lettuce wraps.
Are there days when you don’t know what to make? Or you cannot be bothered to spend any more than 15 minutes on a meal? Believe me, even food bloggers have those days. Or at least I do. And on days like those, I like something fresh, easy and still delicious… like these lettuce wraps.
Yesterday, when we came home after a round of shopping and driving around town, we were super tired and hungry. And that’s when I remembered the pack of Ling Ling Fried Rice that I had picked up on a whim from our local Walmart.
Now, I’ll let you in on a little secret. We love fresh, made-from-scratch, homemade food most of the time, but there are days when a quick shortcut meal is more than welcome. I’m sure all you busy moms are nodding your heads in agreement, aren’t you?!
I picked the Thai-style chicken fried rice this time. There are two bags in a pack, conveniently portioned for your needs. A quick zap in the microwave or a few minutes in a skillet makes it ready to eat. The fried rice smelled just like the one from our favorite Thai restaurant. Each bite is well-seasoned with the sauce (infusion cooking method), the vegetables are tender-crisp and the flavor is spot on.
To go with the fried rice, I made some Thai stir-fried chicken and mushrooms in a spicy sriracha marinade. Stir-fries are a lifesaver when it comes to quick meals. So much flavor, so little effort!
And for a light and fresh dinner, I decided to do chicken lettuce wraps at the last minute. I filled crisp lettuce leaves with some fried rice and chicken, and we were sitting down to dinner in no time at all! And now you can get $2 off a box of Ling Ling Fried Rice, Noodles or Dumplings at any retailer where the products are sold.
Here’s the recipe for Thai Chicken & Fried Rice Lettuce Wraps.
- Ling Ling Fried Rice - 1 bag
- Chicken thighs - 3, boneless
- Button mushrooms - 5-6
- Sriracha - 1 tbsp (see Notes)
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Ground black peppercorns - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste (taste sauce & use if needed)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Lettuce leaves - 6
- Cilantro leaves - for garnish
- Lime wedges - for garnish
- Sesame seeds - for garnish
- Prepare fried rice as per package instructions.
- Cut chicken and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Toss them with sriracha, soy sauce, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and mushrooms and stir fry till fully cooked and lightly seared on all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- To serve, pile some fried rice, chicken and mushroom on to a lettuce leaf. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and sesame seeds. Squeeze lime juice on top, wrap and enjoy!
Enjoy these quick, light and delicious chicken & fried rice lettuce wraps.
Don’t forget to PIN & SAVE this recipe for later.
What are some of your favorite shortcut meals? Do try this easy lettuce wrap recipe with fried rice and chicken. I’d love to know if you try it.
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version).
Stay connected on social media, PIN and SHARE this post.
I am sharing this over at Fiesta Friday.