Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Crisp baked puff pastry samosa filled with a delicious chicken noodle filling is an easy appetizer and party food for the Holidays.
Samosa is my favorite tea time snack from childhood. Thin pastry pockets are filled with spiced filling (usually potatoes or some kind of minced meat) and fried till crisp and golden. I rarely make deep-fried samosa now. Fortunately, baking works quite well for samosa.
After trying their fried rice and Asian dumplings, our latest favorite are the Ling Ling Asian Noodles. Their Infusion Method of Cooking means that the noodles are perfectly al-dente and tossed with tender-crisp vegetables and delicious chicken bites.
The Asian noodles are great as a meal on its own, but I was simply blown away after making them into chicken noodle samosa one day. I used puff pastry as the outer covering and they baked perfectly crisp in the oven. In under half an hour, we had a hot, delicious treat to munch on.
- Ling Ling Asian Noodles - 10 oz bag
- Puff pastry sheet - 17 oz, homemade or store-bought
- Egg - 1
- Milk - 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp, white and black
- Prepare Ling Ling Asian Noodles as per package instructions. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- If puff pastry sheet is frozen, thaw it till soft but still slightly cold. Roll out pastry to a 16-inch square.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 4"x4" squares.
- Whisk egg and milk in a small bowl for the egg wash. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 deg.F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Place a tablespoon of noodle filling in the middle of a pastry square. Dot the edges with water and close the pastry in a triangle shape. Crimp the edges with the tines of a fork. Brush egg wash on top and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top. Repeat till all pastry squares are used.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till samosa is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot with ketchup.
Enjoy crisp baked puff pastry noodle samosa along with your evening tea or even as a guilt-free mini meal. And, these samosa make the perfect Holiday party food!
Now you can try the line of Asian inspired dishes from Ling Ling with this great offer – $2 off a box of Ling Ling Fried Rice, Noodles or Dumplings at any retailer where the products are sold.
- Read more about Ling Ling Fried Rice here.
- Check out this post for details on Ling Ling Asian Dumplings.
LING LING GIVEAWAY
And now, I have something amazing for you – an amazing chance to win a giveaway from Ling Ling. Please enter below.
- Prize: 1 of 10 $100 Walmart Gift Cards
- Dates: November 10 – 22, 2017
Ling Ling Asian Kitchen Giveaway I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)
So, do you like samosa? Have you tried baking them? Do try this baked samosa recipe with a unique noodle filling and let me know how you like it.
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version).
I am sharing this over at Fiesta Friday.