Save this amazing roundup of fresh strawberry desserts and beverages for Valentine’s Day and spring.
I love strawberries, they are just so versatile. With greenhouse farming, strawberries may be available throughout the year now, but the best berries are those that are locally grown and start bearing fruit in late spring. Juicy, ripe, red strawberries are a great snack on their own, and even better when used in delectable treats like cakes, parfaits, ice creams and beverages.
Here is a roundup of my best strawberry recipes from the blog and also from other lovely bloggers who love strawberries as much as I do! Pick out the recipes that you would like to make for Valentine’s Day next week, then bookmark this page for later or when you go strawberry picking in the spring!
Baking With Strawberries
One of the best uses for fresh strawberries is to bake with them. Cakes, muffins, sweet breads and even soufflés are perfect vehicles for fresh berries.
- Strawberry Pound Cake: This fresh and buttery strawberry pound cake loaf is made better with the addition of sour cream to the batter, which makes it moist and incredibly flavorful. Serve it up for dessert or lightly toasted for breakfast the next day.
- Strawberry Lemon Muffins: Loaded with fresh summer strawberries, lemon juice and zest, these fluffy muffins are absolutely irresistible. Have them for dessert, throw them in your kid’s snack box or enjoy them for breakfast the next day.
- Strawberry Vanilla Cake With Strawberry Syrup: A beautiful cake, with a lovely golden crust, sweet vanilla flavor and bursting with the freshness and juiciness of the berries. I like to serve it with fresh strawberry syrup to drizzle on top.
- Strawberry Focaccia Bread: This Italian classic is given a sweet twist with fresh berries and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon sugar on top.
- Strawberry Soufflé: Where do I even begin on this classic dessert? Making delightfully light and airy soufflé is not that hard if you follow my tips in this post.
No-bake Strawberry Desserts
Sometimes, the last thing we want to do is turn on the oven and wait for it to pre-heat. Some of these desserts do not need any cooking at all, while some might call for a component to be made quickly on the stove-top. But they are all excellent make-ahead desserts and perfect for spring parties and potlucks.
- Strawberry Fool: Light, fruity and creamy, this delicious no-cook strawberry fool dessert is the perfect way to enjoy balmy spring nights. It can be made with any kind of berries, but of course, strawberries are the best. Needless to say, it can be made ahead and is perfect for entertaining as well.
- Eggless Strawberry Mousse: Light as air and made with real strawberries, this eggless strawberry mousse is an easy no-cook dessert.
- Strawberry Chia Falooda Parfait: This pretty layered dessert is inspired by the Persian dessert falooda. Made with delicious chia strawberry fruit spread, sweet vermicelli and simple rose flavored pudding, this lightened-up falooda parfait recipe is as easy as it is delicious.
- Lemon Crepes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling: Delicate lemon crepes filled with strawberry flavored whipped cream cheese and sweet berries is a delightful weekend brunch. Did you know that crepes can be made ahead and assembled with the filling just before serving? Make these to treat your loved ones to a special breakfast on birthdays, anniversaries or Valentine’s Day.
Strawberry Frozen Treats & Beverages
I’m dreaming of the day when I can guzzle fresh strawberry lemonade by the gallon and make my favorite strawberry popsicles. They cannot be any simpler to make at home and you know exactly what ingredients go into them.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles: Stay cool with these creamy and delicious strawberry cheesecake popsicles. Just 5 ingredients and a quick blitz in the blender gives you a delicious frozen treat.
- Strawberry Basil Granita: Granita is a quick, inexpensive and healthier alternative to ice cream in summer. This recipe for strawberry basil granita needs just 3 ingredients and makes for a delightful icy-cold treat.
- Strawberry Rose Lassi: Cool down with this delicious, nourishing and ever-so-pretty strawberry lassi, lightly flavored with rose-water and sweetened with honey.
- Strawberry Lemonade: Skip the cloyingly sweet, artificially flavored pink lemonades. This quick and easy strawberry lemonade is the perfect warm weather beverage. Naturally flavored and colored with fresh strawberries, make a large pitcher to serve at parties or to simply beat the heat.
- Orange Strawberry Falooda: In a modern spin on the traditional falooda, fresh strawberry syrup and sweet-tangy orange jelly are layered with the usual suspects like pearly basil seeds, thin vermicelli and ice cream to make a luscious and enticing dessert beverage. It is the perfect sweet treat to welcome spring into our midst!
- No-churn Strawberry Ice Cream: This no-cook, no-churn, no-eggs strawberry ice cream is made with a handful of pantry essentials and fresh strawberry puree. It is light, fruity and creamy – a real delight!
Here are some more delightful strawberry recipes shared by fellow bloggers. A big thank you to everyone who graciously contributed to this list.
Clockwise from top left corner:-
- Strawberry Elderflower Scone Cake from Occasionally Eggs
- Strawberry Cake With Mascarpone Buttercream from Liv For Cake
- Swiss Roll Cake With Strawberries & Cream from Let’s Eat Cake
- Strawberry Cookies from Imagelicious
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Go Go Go Gourmet
- Strawberry Shortcake With Lavender Lemon Cream from My Kitchen Love
Wait, there’s more…
Clockwise from top left corner:-
- Strawberry Trifle from Wholesome Yum
- Glazed Strawberry Muffins from Garnish & Glaze
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tart from Lil Cookie
- Sticky Lemon Strawberry Sweet Rolls from A Virtual Vegan
- Vegan Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from Delightful Adventures
- Panna Cotta With Roasted Strawberries from The Novice Housewife
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from Spoonful Of Flavor
- Eton Mess from What A Girl Eats
Let’s not forget these beverages & frozen treats!
Clockwise from top left corner:-
- Strawberry Basil Caipirinha from Peas & Crayons
- Sparkling Wine & Strawberry Gelatin Cups from Sidewalk Shoes
- Vanilla Strawberry Shrub Syrup from The Flavor Bender
- Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade from A Farmgirl’s Kitchen
- No-churn Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt from The Kitchen Girl
- Strawberry Chocolate Sweetheart Smoothie from The Schmidty Wife
Don’t forget to PIN & SAVE this post for later.
So, tell me, do you love strawberries? Do you have a favorite recipe that uses real strawberries or any special request for other recipes? Do let me know in the comments below.
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version).
Stay connected on social media, PIN and SHARE this post.
I am sharing this over at Fiesta Friday.