I got the best surprise this morning. Summer from Mallow & Co nominated me for the Liebster Award this week!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
Gosh, I am grinning ear-to-ear right now. I m so happy and excited! It feels amazing to be considered part of a wonderful blogging community!
- Vanilla is my favorite ice cream flavor.
- I don’t like chocolate (gasp!), except chocolate cakes. I never ate a bar of chocolate when I was a kid. Made me gag! Weird, right?
- I love reading. Books, magazines, blogs, whatever.
- I love Grey’s Anatomy. McDreamy, anyone?!
- I loathe folding clothes. I don’t mind the other chores. But, you can find a growing pile of laundry waiting to be folded and put away on my closet floor every day.
- I love scarves and handbags. I can window shop them on the internet for hours together.
- I love horses and elephants. If I ever win the lottery, I want to own a stud farm.
- My palms sweat when I am anxious or excited. Gross!
- I slant my head to one side when watching television. I get it from my Dad!
- I love using the exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!
- I cannot ride backwards in a car or bus. Motion sickness. Enough said.
Now to answer the questions from fabulous Summer:
1). What are your hobbies or things you do in your spare time?
Reading, a little bit of crafting or television (Netflix is so addictive!).
2) What is your biggest pet peeve?
My husband plays cricket and doesn’t unroll his socks when putting it in the hamper. I hate unrolling sweaty socks. Yuck!
3) What’s one of your favorite blogs of the moment?
Oh, there are so many. If I had to pick one, it is currently Design, Dining and Diapers.
4) Salty or Sweet?
5) What is a goal you have for 2013?
To be in better shape. I am waiting for the official start of spring, and blogging about desserts isn’t helping, either!
6) How many kids are in your family?
One, if you don’t count my husband!
7) What is your dream job?
To own a restaurant/bakery/cafe.
8) What is the hardest thing about blogging?
Coming up with creative posts and staying away from the stats page in the middle of the night!
9) What is your favorite restaurant and why?
There is a Mediterranean cafe nearby, Pasha. Love it! Mediterranean food is so flavorful, yet light.
10) What would your touchdown victory dance look like if you were in the NFL?
The hip shake!
11) What’s your favorite season and why?
Summer. I can stand heat, but not the cold. But I love Christmas, so December is my favorite month!
I am nominating the following blogs:
I couldn’t find out for sure if all of the following blogs have fewer than 200 followers. Anyway, I thought I would send some love their way!
- Home To 4 Kiddos
- Serenity You
- Pinterestingly Addicted
- Diary of a Mad Mama
- Cameos and Cardigans
- Frugal Feeding
- Housewife How-To’s
- Jillify It
- I Don’t Know How She Does It
- Purple Mountain Girl
- The Chicago Life
11 Questions to the above nominees are:
- If you could live in any other city anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What chore do you hate most?
- Sandy beaches or a hike in the woods?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your number one guilty pleasure?
- Do you like window shopping and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you have brothers and sisters and how many?
- Who is your all time favorite actor?
- What is your most favorite scent? It can be a food, soap, lotion or anything.
- If you went to the moon(!) and got a chance to say one sentence (like Armstrong), what would you say?
Nominees, get answering!
And thanks again Summer, for the nomination! Let me go prepare an acceptance speech!!!
And as of 21st March 2013, I have been nominated again by another lovely blogger – Jackie from Rediscovering Lost Arts From Our Mothers. Thank you! Hope you don’t mind that I’ve linked up your award to this post!