Nothing, and I mean nothing, satisfies when the burger craving hits you. And when it’s summer in Texas, you better fire up your grill (or grill pan at least!) for some juicy, homemade burgers.
Homemade burgers may sound intimidating, but they are so easy. Just make sure you have the right tools and ingredients and a killer recipe. And when you are in Texas, who better to turn to than our friendly neighbourhood grocery store, H-E-B? I was so excited to be contacted by the creative team at H-E-B once again to take part in this month’s Burger Bash event.
As usual, they have a variety of Primo Picks products perfect for summer grilling and outdoor entertaining. They were kind enough to send me some to try as well.
What’s a burger without a side of fries? H-E-B’s got you covered there as well!
They wanted me to re-create their signature Guac & Roll burger (like Rock & Roll, get it?!!) for this blog post and I was happy to oblige. A Tex-Mex burger? Bring it on, I say!
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to put together this burger. The patties are flavored using just a handful of simple ingredients like their fresh guacamole and Adam’s Reserve Burger Spice seasoning. Gooey Jalapeno Jack cheese on top adds a cheesy kick.
The patties you see here are hand-formed, I didn’t use a hamburger press. I picked up an easy trick of using a large, slightly deep bottle lid lined with cling wrap to shape the patties. So simple, right? That also gives me the rounded edges that I like, rather than the straight-up edges formed by a press. Keep this trick in mind when you make patties at home.
Build your burger with lettuce, tomato, more guacamole and maybe some pickles. Did I hear you say, “Enough already, give us the recipe”? Well, here you go. Enjoy!
GUAC AND ROLL BURGER (GUACAMOLE CHEESEBURGER)
You will need: (Makes 4 burgers)
- Adam’s Reserve Burger Spice – 2 tsp
- H-E-B fresh guacamole – 4 oz or 1/2 cup
- Ground beef – 1 1/2 lb
- Jalapeno Jack cheese – 4 slices
- Lettuce leaves – 4
- Tomato – 1 large, thinly sliced
- Sesame seed topped hamburger buns – 4, toasted
- Bring grill to medium‑high heat. (You can also broil, pan sear or use a stove-top grill pan to prepare this recipe.)
- Add Burger Spice seasoning and guacamole to ground beef and gently work through meat until guacamole is evenly distributed. Gently form into ¾ inch thick burgers with a small indentation in the center of each patty.
- Cook burgers 3‑5 minutes on first side or until nicely seared. Total cooking time should be 3‑5 minutes on each side or to preference. Add cheese for last 2 minutes of cooking on the second side, just to melt through.
- Assemble cooked patties immediately on toasted hamburger buns and layer with lettuce, tomato and more guacamole. Serve immediately with fries and a cold drink.
For a fresh and crisp flavor, wrap cooked burger in whole fresh romaine lettuce leaves instead of a bun and garish with sliced tomato and toppings of choice.
A juicy, cheesy burger with the creamy goodness of fresh guacamole, some fries on the side and a cool, tall glass of lemonade. That’s summer bliss folks!
If you are looking for a simple and delicious burger recipe for your next summer cook-out, now you know what to make. You and your guests will love it, so don’t forget to make extra!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post and H-E-B provided me with the #PrimoPicks products and also compensation to buy the rest of the items needed in the recipe. All opinions stated above are mine. The recipe was originally created by H-E-B and can be found here.
I am sharing this over at Angie’s amazing blog link party at The Novice Gardener.