Quick Asian style chicken and mushroom noodles tossed with a delicious cilantro-peanut-honey blender sauce. A moreish stir fry dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!!
The weather is gorgeous nowadays. It is not Fall yet, but we are getting there. There is the ever-so-slight nip in the air in the mornings and at night. The days are still very warm, so I am still looking for easy meals that do not need me slaving in a hot kitchen more than I need to. We can all relate to that, don’t we? And also, variety is the spice of life, especially if you have birthed picky eaters who won’t eat the same kind of cuisine two days in a row.
One thing Boy loves is noodles and pasta. He can probably eat them several days in a row. I love coming up with sauces and flavorings for noodles. While it may be tomato based one night, it might be cheesy indulgence the next, and on some nights, we go full-on Asian.
The whole soy sauce or Teriyaki thing gets boring pretty quickly. And when my saucy experiments go extremely well to mumbles and grunts of satisfaction at the table, I will share the recipe with you! Like this one – a creamy, tangy, savory Cilantro-Peanut-Lime sauce that comes together quickly in a blender.
It was so good, I made an extra batch. For a quick meal, I stir fried chicken, mushrooms and peppers, tossed with al-dente noodles and drenched them all in this saucy goodness.
Believe me when I say, this is one chicken noodles recipe you need to try definitely. It satisfies everyone, the noodle lover, the meat lover, the vegetable lover and the sauce connoisseur! I bet you could even toss rice and chicken with this sauce.
I am going to call this dish Thai noodles, because that’s where the inspiration is from. Cilantro, peanuts, lime, soy and fish sauce are the predominant flavors here, so its like a lighter, fresher and herby spin-off of a Pad Thai.
Serve yourself a big bowl of this goodness and plonk yourself on the couch, chopsticks in hand, and your favorite show on the TV. The leftovers are great as well for lunch the next day.
- Fresh cilantro leaves - 2 cups
- Peanut butter - 2 tbsp, heaped
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Low sodium soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Chili sauce - 1 tbsp (or use 1 green chili)
- Rice vinegar - 2 tbsp (or use lime juice)
- Fish sauce - ½ tsp
- Chicken stock - 4 tbsp
- Spaghetti - 8 oz (or other long noodles)
- Oil - 2.5 tbsp, divided
- Garlic - 1 tbsp, minced
- Scallions - 3 stalks, chopped
- Chicken - 6 oz, cut into small chunks (one boneless breast)
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Button mushrooms - ½ lb, halved or quartered
- Green bell pepper - 1 small, de-seeded, sliced
- Sesame seeds - to garnish
- Cilantro-Peanut-Honey Sauce: Blend all the ingredients together till smooth. Taste and adjust the flavors as per taste. Feel free to add more cilantro, PB, honey, chili sauce or vinegar as per taste.
- Chicken & Vegetable Noodles: Cook noodles as per package instructions till al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large skillet or saute pan. Add garlic and white parts of scallions and saute till fragrant.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken pieces with soy sauce and black pepper powder. Add chicken to the pan and cook on all sides, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Add mushrooms and peppers and saute till tender-crisp.
- Return chicken to pan. Add half of the prepared sauce. Combine everything and cook for a minute till sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the drained noodles and toss to combine. Feel free to add more sauce if you like it that way.
- Garnish with the greens of the scallions and sesame seeds. serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored for a couple of days in the refrigerator. The extra sauce can be stored in a closed jar for up to a week.
A delicious and comforting meal is ready in a snap!
Do try this recipe if you are looking for something different to try. The sauce is so good, you might want to eat it on its own by the spoonful!
Don’t forget to SAVE & PIN this recipe for later!
Do you like noodles and stir fries? I am sure you love skillet meals, especially “under 30 minute recipes”. So, give this one a try!
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version).
Stay connected on social media, PIN and SHARE this post.