When I decided to start this blog, I was just looking for a creative outlet. I enjoyed cooking, baking, crafting, planning (to a fault, sometimes) and organizing. I loved all those food and DIY blogs out there. And I thought to myself, “Why not?”. Thus this blog was born.
If you read the first line carefully, you would see that I used the term ‘this blog’ and not ‘blogging’ in general. That’s because, I had started a blog in 2010, titled ‘Mother of N’. I wanted to chronicle the journey of being a first-time mom. But alas! Due to negligence arising from a general lack of direction, that idea fizzled out! Not to mention, my super-naughty baby.
Where was I? Yeah, the perks of blogging. When I started blogging, little did I realize that it would open up a whole new world to me. A world where I would be on first-name basis with people I’ve never met (and probably will never meet) in real life. People who appreciate, encourage, offer advise and share tidbits of their own lives. As social beings, I feel there is nothing wrong in craving general appreciation.
I am of two minds when it comes to blogger awards. I was super thrilled the very first time. Then I realized it was just bloggers cheering each other on. Which is actually an awesome thing.
My non-blogging friends might not be able to appreciate it fully. But you see, blogging is a lot of work. You rack your brain for ideas, remember to take pictures and edit them, write posts, edit and re-edit them. So, it feels nice when someone nominates you for these in-house awards. For that reason alone, I shall play along.
The rules are simple. I found slightly different sets of rules in both blogs (including two different award images as you can see). I shall try to combine them both.
1). Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you. Link back to them in the post – Done.
2). Display the Award Certificate on your blog – Done.
3). Post 7 interesting things about yourself – Ok, here we go.
- I love sappy rom-coms and high-octane action movies equally. Hubby and I have come to an agreement and watch both for each other’s sake!
- I took French for two years and pretend that I know the language. Especially while watching cooking shows with hubby. In reality, I think the only words I remember are Bonjour, merci, champignon, lapin, poulet and gateau. Enough to watch cooking shows!
- I also took German for a few months, but cannot remember anything, for the life of me! Except maybe, Achtung and Guten-tag!
- I love and hate malls in equal measure. I love window-shopping, but hate the crowd on holidays. Actually I hate all those pesky teens with their obnoxious perfumes.
- I am usually the one to get rid of ants and other bugs at home, but have an irrational fear and loathing of reptiles. I skip the reptile exhibits at zoos. They give me nightmares.
- I love Gru and the minions and sometimes do their voices in my head!
- I love pizza and weirdly enough, day-old pizza too with soggy, chewy crust and all.
4). Present up to 15 other deserving bloggers with the award – I found that many of the blogs I read regularly have received these awards in the past. Still, I hope you accept this for fun!
- Happy Little Kiwi
- Twiggy Nest
- Table Of Colors
- Shivaay Delights
- Cook By Book
- Rappsody In Rooms
- The Delicious World Of Chefette Spicy
- Pies And Puggles
- Massi’s Kitchen
- Savory And Sweet Food
- The Lush Nest
- Akki’s Kitchen
- Making Mondays
- Cause Baking Makes Happy
5). Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment – And… done!
Hope you play along!