Stay cool this summer with these creamy and delicious strawberry cheesecake popsicles. Just 5 ingredients and a quick blitz in the blender gives you a delicious frozen treat!
I have a quick frozen treat recipe to share with you guys today. I really enjoy making homemade popsicles in summer, because how fun are they to eat, right? Makes one feel like a kid!
I have been making popsicle and ice creams this summer, but except for this granita, none of the other recipes made it to the blog. But you can check out my previous blog recipes for popsicles, granita and ice creams here, by the way.
Popsicles are the easiest of all. You can freeze your favorite smoothie or fruit juice and a juicy treat is ready to beat the heat. These creamy strawberry popsicles are our current obsession.
We love cheesecake at our home. And since it can be quite heavy, I make single-serve desserts rather than one huge cheesecake. I really wanted to try making strawberry swirled cheesecake ice cream. But decided in favor of popsicles at the last-minute, because popsicles freeze faster than a tub of ice cream. They are your best bet if you cannot wait overnight for your ice cream to freeze.
To begin, I blitzed some sweet berries in a blender. Then I whipped up a quick no-cook “cheesecake” mixture. Nothing fancy, just softened cream cheese, milk and sugar. I then filled up the molds alternately with the creamy mixture and berry puree. Swirl lightly with a toothpick and pop in the freezer to harden.
And voila, a sweet and pretty dessert perfect for warm summer days!
Here is the super easy recipe. I hope you will give it a try.
- Fresh strawberries - 10oz
- Cream cheese - 8 oz, softened
- Milk - 1 cup
- Powdered sugar - ¼ cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- In a blender, puree strawberries, reserving 4-5 whole berries. If berries are sweet enough, there is no need to sweeten the puree, otherwise, add a couple of spoons of sugar. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Wash blender and blend together the rest of the ingredients to make a light cheesecake mixture.
- Fill popsicle molds or small glasses alternately with strawberry puree and cheesecake mixture. Chop up the reserved berries and add them too. Swirl lightly with a toothpick or thin skewer.
- Pop the popsicle molds into the freezer. After an hour, stick in popsicle sticks, cover and freeze until solid, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove frozen popsicles from molds by running warm water outside the molds or placing them in a bowl of warm water for a couple of minutes.
Enjoy these beautiful strawberry swirled cheesecake popsicles this summer!
Do you make frozen treats at home? What is your favorite flavor? Do give these homemade strawberry popsicles a try and let me know how you like it.
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version).
Stay connected on social media, PIN and SHARE this post.
I am sharing this over at Fiesta Friday.