Recently, I was asked to create a few recipes for a health and wellness publication. The recipes needed to use papaya as the main ingredient. One of the first recipes that came to mind was a healthy papaya smoothie. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best, don’t you think so?
Papaya is a tropical fruit and the tree yields fruit almost throughout year. In Indian cuisine, ripe papayas are a much-loved fruit and so is the unripe/green one. We use it in curries and salads. I have a couple of such recipes too which I will be sharing with you soon. The papaya is packed with vital minerals, vitamins and other nutrients. Consider including papaya in your diet if you aren’t already doing so.
As for this papaya smoothie, I made it even healthier by adding freshly squeezed orange juice and some turmeric powder. I didn’t need any sweetener, but you can use honey if you want to. I call this smoothie my immunity booster drink. There is papaya, orange and turmeric, all excellent for building immunity and rich in anti-oxidants.
You can pack up the smoothie in a bottle with a tight-fitting lid for on-the-go nourishment. This smoothie does not need much of a recipe, but I loved this combo so much, I had to share it with you. Read on to see what I added in this smoothie.
- Papaya - 1 medium-sized, very ripe
- Orange juice - 1 cup, freshly squeezed
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Honey - use as sweetener, if needed
- Mint leaves - a few, to garnish
- Peel the papaya, remove seeds and cut into chunks. Blend papaya along with orange juice and turmeric powder to a thick but drinkable consistency. Use more orange juice or water to thin it if necessary. Taste and sweeten with honey if needed.
- Pour into tall glasses, garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
2. Pour the smoothie into jars with tight-fitting lids to make great on-the-go beverages.
This is the perfect smoothie to kick-start your day or even to rejuvenate after a long work day. Blend in some ice cubes for the upcoming warmer months. Spring is almost here folks! Are you excited? I sure am!!
Wow! That must be the easiest, shortest recipes on the blog ever. But it is absolutely delightful. Do try this sometime.
If you like this post, please follow this blog via Email to get post updates and also my Social Media pages (find subscription box on the right side of this page, or scroll down in mobile version). Thank you!